Senior global HR Business Control Officer
Employee | Human Resources | Professional | Amsterdam | 2020-10-21 | REQ-10030649
Senior global HR Business Control Officer
The senior Non-financial risk consultant works in the team of the global HR business control office which is part of Global HR Strategy and Analytics. Global HR Strategy and Analytics and focusses its activities on effectively running the change and analytics portfolio of Global Human Resources and on developing & implementing initiatives on transformation within the People Strategy of the Bank.
To go into further detail, the Global HR Strategy and Analytics team is responsible for the definition of Global Human Resources priorities and to lead the transformation of HR risk practices, operating model activation and building the capabilities of Global Human Resources. Our People Strategy will support the development of our employees and ING’s Performance culture, aimed to improve the individual performance and professional development of all ING’s 54.000 employees. Specifically, considering HR context, we have recently launched HR unite, i.e. a complex and multi-year programme to implement a new operating model (based on HRBPS, Communities of Expertise and People Services structure).
The analytic component is focused on collecting and analyzing people data within ING to support management in getting insight on the HR aspect within ING supporting management decisions.
The senior business control officer will be responsible to support a specific business line within GHR and in general non-financial risk responsibilities within the BCO team.
Key responsibilities are:
- Define and implement new guidelines and initiatives within the focus area non-financial risk within GHR based on policies and standards of ING
- Translate the ING risk framework, policies and standards to business specific impact
- Supporting change risk assessments for a specific business line
- Supporting risk control self-assessments for a specific business line
- Advises business and IT custodian in determining Risk Appetite and Risk acceptances.
- Identifies and investigates risks in conjunction with management and the 2nd Line of Defence of information operational risk and compliance.
- Advices business lines with risk acceptances
- Document, monitor and report the identified risks and issues
- Encourages risk awareness and a sense of responsibility among management and employees in relation to Non-Financial Risk.
- Manage Key Control Testing process
- Validates contracts against the policies and standards and align stakeholder for specific expertise (Legal, DPO, IT)
- Support SOx related processes and applications within the global HR domain
Knowledge and experience
- Tertiary education, preferably at Masters level
- At least 10 years relevant working experience
- Experienced with leading a team
- Knowledge of NfR policies and standards, processes and roles
- Experience with NFR assessments and analysis
- Excellent spoken and written English language
- Ability to read and understand abstract and complex policies, standards and frameworks and translate them to the situation of global HR business lines
- Have a can-do mentality and always meet deadlines
- Be proactive in detecting and identifying problems
- Speak and write English fluently
- Have good knowledge on Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven experience in communicating and dealing with senior management
- Have an organised and disciplined way of working, with clear focus on setting priorities and end results achievement
- Have an assertive and analytical mind-set with good number agility and strong focus on details
- Have a clear customer focus and putting the client needs at the centre of all activities, assuming personal accountability on deliverables
- Can work independently, sticking to his/her principles despite external pressure
- Have international experience / worked in different cultural settings is a must
ING is a challenging international environment with a team of dedicated co-workers. Global HR is a team with a variety of nationalities and backgrounds. You will be part of an environment that is in a maturing phase where all team members are expected to help shape and build a successful global Human Resources department and to fully contribute to the global HR transformation with their experience and background.
Who are you?
You have a strong drive and excellent working ethics. You have good communication skills and experience in successfully manage (senior) stakeholders. Due to the nature of the work you must have a high degree of accuracy. The job requires independence and initiative but is combined with working together in a team. This means that you must be able to prioritize and know how to integrate tasks.
What we offer
A job from 36 to 40 hours and a unique offer that fits in with the times of today. We take into account your home situation and your ambitions and help you to balance work and private life. Discover yourself our employment conditions.;
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience;
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work at home;
- Reimbursement for travel expenses;
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days;
- Pension scheme;
- 13th month salary;
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary;
- 8% Holiday payment;
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions;
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best.
Contact the recruiter attached to the advertisement for more information. Want to apply directly? Please upload your CV and motivation letter by clicking the “Apply” button.
Please note, multiple interview steps involving various business stakeholders will be part of the selection process.