Specialist CDD Remediations
Medewerker | Risk Management | Ervaren | Amsterdam | 2020-04-16 | REQ-10026545
We are currently looking for 3 Remediations Specialists for our Global KYC Organisation. You will be a senior remediation framework expert within the Global CDD Pillar responsible for activities such as design and continuous improvement of remediation approaches, scoping- and quality review. You will be the main point of contact for remediation activities and collaborate closely with Business Lines on business-led remediation initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Support the Expert Lead in the creation of a vision and strategy for the Global KYC Remediations team. As well as driving the roadmap of Epics and Features to develop and improve on the Global KYC Remediations Standards
- Be responsible for the Global KYC Remediation Standards, including approach for review of scope and quality of business line remediation initiatives
- Be the main point of contact for all Business Lines and local teams on remediation topics
- Keep oversight of centralised remediation activities
- Support the CDD Remediations Expert Lead on governance items for all remediations
- Work with the Business on running remediation activities as well as development of improvement plans on remediation topics
- Captures, prioritises and tracks plans for remediation and interim fixes
- Proactively supports and drives progress of business-led remediation initiatives
- Execute reviews to establish that quality of remediations meets the required standards
- Advise key stakeholders and global projects / programmes from a senior content expertise perspective
- Manage multiple topics simultaneously
- Actively consult with the CDD E2E Process & Expertise Team on matters of process and expertise, with the CDD Operations, Design & Governance Team on execution and with CDD Policy, Risk & Control Team on quality standards
- Be able to implement change and will, in case of existing Global KYC Remediation Standards, steer further development by initiating and driving new Epics, Features and Stories
- Apply one’s experience in marketing, strategic road mapping and adhering to target audiences in the fast-changing KYC landscape and context of digital transformation
- Responsible for the development of craftmanship – How a job should be done
- Identify learning needs for the KYC Academy in close collaboration with the other CDD Pillar Teams
- Stimulate cross-border interaction and alignment between people, expertise teams, Squads, Chapters, Front-Office organisations, and Service organisations both in central and local business lines
How to succeed
- An Academic degree and preferably, accreditation or certification in FEC, FATCA, CRS, ESR or AML expertise areas
- Senior remediation expertise in a large multi-national environment
- Relevant track record of working in the area of KYC with a thorough understanding of the current market, and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces
- Minimum 8 years of relevant work experience in either the KYC environment and / or remediation activities
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the financial services industry, preferably wholesale banking, retail, risk or compliance
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Have experience in working in multi-national, complex organisations in a matrix environment in a senior KYC subject matter expert role
- Excellent communication, networking and influencing skills
- Understanding of key regulations (such as FEC, ESR, FATCA, CRS) and their respective effects on the operational landscape of KYC including the interaction with the second line
- Possess a thorough understanding of the entire customer life cycle of a client within a financial institution
- Builds bridges by nature and be able to span between different levels, different people and different cultures. The relationships are built on capability and trust
- A client focused attitude linked to a sound understanding of how to achieve operational excellence in a compliant environment
- Proactive, Can-Do, No Surprises and Positive mind-set. Overall have a healthy work ethic and a willingness to collaborate
- Proven profound communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels within the organisation
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion
- Possess a track record of successful remediations activities in a fast-moving, challenging environment
- Strong organisational sensitivity; ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organisation with multiple functional lines and one hierarchical line and deal with multiple, and potentially conflicting, interests
- Ability to work successfully in multiple countries and make sure these different cultures work together as one team
Your working environment
The Global KYC organisation is a first line of defence department providing the ING business and functions with guidance, standardised solutions in the area of KYC related regulations (on process, control, and digital solutions, etc.) as well as supporting and realising operational excellence. In the Global KYC organisation you will be working with numerous colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds. You will be part of the support function in realising the transformation towards this global organisation and as such contribute significantly to the realisation of the One Agile Way of Working methodology within ING.
By integrating all KYC related capabilities into one functionally steered organisation, the global implementation and standardisation of the Global KYC Digital Service Platform is supported.
This Platform consists of processes, enhanced controls, shared solutions and optimised operations processing across all of the business lines. The Platform helps us to achieve a more robust KYC environment that will strongly contribute to ING’s overall response towards more stringent regulatory requirements in this area and beyond.
Within this new fast growing agile organisation the Remediations Specialist will be part of an exciting journey towards truly global standardisation within the domain of KYC. The organisation aims to deliver all aspects of KYC through a Digital Platform approach. The Remediations Specialist will be involved in the review of solutions on relevant topics such as File Enhancement, Anti-Money Laundering, Counter Terrorism Financing, Fraud, Sanctions, Tax, ING’s Environmental and Social Risk policy and their global implementation across 40+ countries, affecting 36+ million ING customers. Through this, we will be able to deliver our customers an optimal KYC experience, whilst remaining compliant and in control of our risks and processes on a global scale..
As a Remediations Specialist you will be based in Amsterdam on a 36 or 40 hour contract, and report hierarchically and functionally to the Global Expert Lead CDD Remediations.
What we offer
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- A reimbursement for travel expenses
- 24 vacation days with a 36 hour work week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
Contact details: Bas Vis (email@example.com)
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.