Specialist Transaction Monitoring Policy and Risk coverage
Employee | Risk Management | Professional | Netherlands | North Holland | 2020-10-14 | REQ-10029428
We are looking for an experienced financial crime professional with international experience in financial services. You are a transaction Monitoring specialist, Subject Matter Expert (SME) and trusted advisor within the Financial Crime Compliance environment providing world class Transaction Monitoring for a Global Bank. As a Senior SME TM Policy & Risk coverage you will be based in Amsterdam or Warsaw and report hierarchically and functionally to the Global lead of the Policy & Risk Coverage team.
What you'll do
- You are responsible for the design of transaction monitoring rule scenarios to ensure regulatory and legislative compliance and mitigation to financial crime risks across different jurisdictions: define the proper requirements coming from our business lines
- Assessing of new products and enhancements (e.g. mobile payments, instant payment services, virtual currency wallets) to identify AML/CTF risks. Design and implementation of suitable controls in order to accept products into the live environment.
- Identification of AML & Terrorist Financing red flags, analysis of transactional data to make informed decisions and recommendations on rule development and tuning in the Transaction Monitoring systems
- Leading transaction monitoring deep dives for retail / wholesale banking and report on risk coverage of the ING units (Countries)
- Providing content support to senior management on transaction monitoring with regard legal, litigation and regulatory issues ensuring accurate and timely responses.
- Contributing and leading innovative monitoring initiatives (e.g Artificial Intelligence solutions).
- Chairing of stakeholder oversight meetings, providing senior management with MI (progress reporting) and constructive engagement.
How to succeed
- You have a minimum of 7 years of relevant work experience in the financial services industry, preferably within Wholesale Banking, Retail Banking, Risk (Compliance)
- Academic degree and preferably an additional certification in FEC or AML expertise areas.
- Proactive, Can-Do, No Surprises and Positive mind-set.
- Ability to facilitate decision-making to drive complex design issues to a conclusion.
- Strong organisational sensitivity; ability to understand and take into account the underlying issues, opportunities and dynamics of an international organisation with multiple functional lines and one hierarchical line and deal with multiple (sometimes conflicting) interests.
- Ability to display style flexibility to teams and adapt plan, approach and behaviour to the different needs, cultures and situations.
- Strong resilience; ability to navigate through ambiguity and simplify complexity without losing essence.
- Ability to ‘get people on board’ and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders.
- Fluency in English.
Your working environment
The Global KYC organisation is part of ING’s COO domain. Its purpose is “Enabling people and organisations to use our banking services by ensuring a compliant and competitive KYC ecosystem.”
Our Global KYC organisation is a first line of defence department providing the ING business and functions with guidance, standardised solutions in the area of KYC-related regulations as well as supporting realising operational excellence. In our Global KYC organisation you will be working with many colleagues from different disciplines, geographies and backgrounds. You will be part of managing and supporting the transformation towards this global organisation and as such contribute significantly to the realisation of the One Agile Way of Working methodology within ING.
The Global Transaction Monitoring (TM) organization (TM Pillar) is part of the Global KYC organization. It sets standards and provides content expertise on the implementation of various KYC-related laws & policies to the squads or circles, ensures the alignment with the other lines of defence and represents KYC and ING to internal & external parties (incl. regulators) and client events. The TM pillar, together with the local TM experts, plays a vital role in ensuring effective and efficient compliance with the KYC-related regulations, more specific the AML/CTF legislation.
Within the TM Pillar, we have dedicated teams with in-depth KYC knowledge and expertise; one of the teams is the Policy & Risk Coverage team. This team works closely with Compliance on our KYC Policy and is responsible for setting the requirements for transaction monitoring scenario’s and controls for our global banking products and services, including reviewing country specific scenarios and controls. It is our responsibility to monitor globally proper risk coverage and report hereon.
What we offer
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- Public transport pass or lease car
- 24 vacation days with a 36-hour working week. If you work 40 hours a week, you will receive 27 vacation days
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities to realize your ambitions
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues who strive for the very best
- Progressive way of working according to the Agile method, so that new ideas come to life
With around 52,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to make a diﬀerence. We hire smart people like you for your potential, not your past. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on more responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
If you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible, surrounded by progressive, inspiring and supportive colleagues, there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.