Assistant Finance Controller
Employee | Accounting & Finance | Starter | Amsterdam | 2023-09-15 | REQ-10057814 | Salary indication 3,080 EUR - 5,097 EUR based on 36 hours
Together with the Senior/Managing fund controller, Finance control is in charge of the financial administration of the pension fund. Within the position you are responsible for the preparation of the annual accounts and the execution of the planning and control cycle of the Fund.
You are versatile: carrying out and monitoring analyses, making improvement proposals and thinking along about information management within the ING Pension Fund. You are critical, proactive attitude do not immediately take anything for granted. You provide monthly management information, reports and the quarterly and annual figures.
Furthermore, the Fund wants to make a professionalization in the short term in which you play a role in further embedding processes such as the forecasting format, purchasing process and asset management cost analysis.
You are jointly responsible for managing external teams with outsourced processes (i.e. financial administration, custodian) and you need to be able to generate the financial administration and the input for all relevant (financial) reports completely, correctly and timely.
Pensioenfonds ING is a non-profit company pension fund. The Fund's mission is to provide a high-quality implementation of the pension agreements that ING Bank and NN Group have placed with the Fund for their (former) employees which own accrued rights in the Fund. In doing so, the Fund strives for a pension that retains its value as much as possible and the best possible pension awareness of its participants. With an invested capital of approximately € 26 billion and almost 70,000 participants, the Fund is one of the larger company pension funds in the Netherlands.
The Fund's Administrative Office (Bestuursbureau) supports the General Board and takes care of policy preparation and executive tasks in the areas of risk management, asset management, pension regulations, communication and external accountability. The Administrative Office is managed by the executive directors. For more information about Pensioenfonds ING, visit our website: www.pensioenfondsing.nl.
Roles and responsibilities
- You understand better than anyone the importance of accuracy and correctness of figures.
- You are good at understanding problems, making connections and broadening the problem. Preparing and presenting independent advice is your strong point, and your communication skills are excellent.
- You can work independently and also make a positive contribution to good cooperation with colleagues from the Executive Office.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- Completed higher vocational education and/or university education (Accountancy, Business Economics or Business Administration or similar training(s));
- Experience with external reporting and providing supporting reports;
- Experience or demonstrable affinity with asset management;
- Experience with pensions is an advantage;
- You are analytically strong, have a strong will to learn and quickly build up knowledge;
- Through your positive and critical attitude you make an important contribution to the team;
- You are innovative, take initiative and strive for continuous improvement;
- You are a team player and have very good communication skills;
- Good command of the Dutch language, both verbal and written.
Rewards and benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
● A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
● 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
● Pension scheme
● 13th month salary
● Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
● 8% Holiday payment
● Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
● An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
● Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.