Compliance Specialist, Monitoring - Conduct Compliance and Culture (CC&C)
Employee | Compliance / Legal / Tax | Professional | Amsterdam | 2023-09-15 | REQ-10053175 | Salary indication 5,996 EUR - 9,583 EUR based on 36 hours
You are an energetic Compliance Expert with an analytical mind. You have professional knowledge and an excellent vision and are seen as an authority that intervenes if necessary. With your communication skills, persuasiveness and straight back, you are able to monitor the rules/ processes and monitor the moral compass.
You are aware that the bar set by society and regulators is getting higher and you anticipate on these developments. You do not wait for the initiative of regulators but assess social trends and issues and take the initiative yourself to ensure that ING is and remains the most reliable bank for its customers and for society. You have an exemplary role in this and know how to inspire others.
ING is committed to executing its business with the highest level of integrity, including strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations of the markets and jurisdictions in which it operates. This includes addressing the risks in relation to Anti-Competitive Conduct, Conflicts of Interest, Market Abuse, Regulatory Registrations, Treating Customers Fairly, Benchmarks and Personal Data Protection.
ING is an organization made up of various Tribes and Centers of Expertise and works fully in accordance with the Agile philosophy. We do this because we believe that we can further improve the service to our customers. The agile way of working encourages teams to get the best out of themselves every day. Working in self-managing teams means that there is a lot of room for personal responsibility, entrepreneurship and giving positive and constructive feedback.
As a Compliance Specialist you are part of the DBNL Compliance Quality Assurance (CQA) team and you are primarily responsible for adding value to the organization via monitoring activities in the areas of Anti-Competitive Conduct, Conflicts of Interest, Market Abuse, Regulatory Registrations, Treating Customers Fairly, Benchmarks and Personal Data Protection. The CQA Team carries out monitoring activities (such as thematic reviews) on Anti-Competitive Conduct, Conflicts of Interest, Market Abuse, Regulatory Registrations, Treating Customers Fairly, Benchmarks and Personal Data Protection to continuously check whether the results of operational processes and controls meet the internal and legal requirements. This includes analysis of documentation and data, interviews with responsible business managers, testing of effectiveness of controls and filing and report writing. Findings are reported including suggestions for improvement and concrete recommendations, and presented to senior management.
Roles and responsibilities
- You work in a self-managing team in which you discuss performance, identify opportunities for improvement, and learn from and with each other. Together you stand for the result and you help each other where necessary;
- You lead thematic reviews and manage deliverables to explicit quality standards in line with the Group Compliance Quality Assurance (GCQA) requirements;
- Planning, execution and follow-up of thematic reviews and quick scans;
- You perform Key Control Monitoring (KCM) activities on different compliance related frameworks and policies;
- You provide expert advice on current KYC conduct related processes and legislation and, where necessary, you conduct research. Your advice is clear and not without obligation: it is clear where the boundaries lie;
- You actively identify changes in society and legislation and act on them through consultations with the (business) Tribe and your expert colleagues with your Compliance DBNL and Corporate/Group Compliance, eg GQA-central team.
- You assess whether Management Identified Actions (MIAs) can be concluded and assess these with a sharp and analytical eye. You are aware of the possible risks associated with the specific subject and you weigh up the interests.
- You report in a team to senior management and relevant committees.
- You maintain contact with various stakeholders in ING’s first, second and third line of defense on all levels throughout DB NL and ING group, and provide adequate advice;
- You play an important role in the monitoring of the ING process, by advising on, explaining Compliance related matters (Data Protection, Conflict of Interest, Market Abuse, Unfair Customer Treatment etc.) to customer journey experts, managers and other relevant stakeholders, thereby stimulating risk awareness within ING;
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
- You have followed a Master degree or equivalent
- An audit qualification (for example CPA, ACCA, ACA, CIA) or other relevant audit/ risk qualifications are preferred;
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant compliance monitoring / internal auditing experience, in a position that provided you with a sound understanding of the compliance processes, including capacity of identifying and evaluation key inherent risk and mitigating controls;
- You are fluent in Dutch and English (oral and written);
- You have in-depth knowledge of and hands-on experience with (executing) conduct related processes (Anti-Competitive Conduct, Conflicts of Interest, Market Abuse, Regulatory Registrations, Treating Customers Fairly, Benchmarks and Personal Data Protection), 5+ years of work experience;
- You are persuasive; being able to ‘get people on board’ and ensure necessary buy-in from stakeholders
- You are people-oriented and a team player. Making contact, collaborating, and interacting with others comes naturally to you;
- You are able to look at things from different perspectives and are an independent thinker with a critical attitude.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
● A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
● 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
● Pension scheme
● 13th month salary
● Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
● 8% Holiday payment
● Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
● An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
● Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.