Financial Crime Sanctions Expert
Employee | Compliance / Legal / Tax | Professional | Amsterdam | 2023-09-15 | REQ-10056656 | Salary indication 5,996 EUR - 9,583 EUR based on 36 hours
This is a great opportunity for a professional with a sanctions compliance background who would like to join the ING FCC Sanctions team, which is part of the Group Compliance department (based in Amsterdam). The position of Sanctions Expert is identified as an expert role with a focus on skills to take things on and make it happen by assisting ING in driving forward and enhancing its sanctions risk management capabilities through the development and provision of policy and guidance.
The FCC Sanctions team is part of the Group Compliance department (Tier2 - 2LoD). The FCC team is working together based on knowledge and expertise, as well as the skill set needed to best perform the job. The team is working with key internal stakeholders and offers an environment which provides a global overview on how the relevant FCC requirements and controls are embedded within the business, and provides an opportunity to support relationships with external stakeholders, regulators and supervisory institutions.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Assist in developing and enhancing INGs Global Sanctions Compliance program;
- Advises employees on Sanctions related risks and requirements to ensure that they act in accordance with laws, regulations and ING risk appetite as defined in ING Policies, including keeping them informed on developments in the FCC area;
- Assist in review of transactions, deals, strategic initiatives on an ad hoc basis;
- Works together with FCC team members to achieve expected results, performs analysis and comes up with solutions and find alternatives;
- Keeps abreast of significant developments and/or changes in relevant laws, regulations and good business practices, and on significant internal developments which may have an impact on the Financial Crime Compliance risk profile of ING Bank;
- Coordinating governance and oversight effort for the Sanctions Program;
- Develop and provide sanctions training.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself:
- You have a minimum of five years of demonstrable sanctions compliance experience and experience with advising on sanction related topics;
- You have demonstrable experience in project management in relation to sanctions controls, risks, and risk assessments related to sanctions;
- You preferably have a bachelor’s business degree or equivalent and/or other relevant qualifications;
- Up to date knowledge of Sanctions regulation and dealing with external lawyers and regulators;
- Preferably knowledge of banking business, processes, procedures and systems;
- Ability to work across functional and geographic lines;
- Fluent in English
- Furthermore, you adhere to the ING values and it is evident for you that your behavior is fully aligned with these values. You are also prepared to take the Banker's Oath. For more information, please visit http://www.ing.jobs/Netherlands/Why-ING/This-is-ING-too/ING-Values.htm.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions at https://www.ing.jobs/netherlands/Why-ING/benefits.htm
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless possibilities
- An informal working environment with innovative colleagues
- Work Agile, so new ideas come to life faster
With 60,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us. Apply today.