Internship Knowledge Management
Internship | Administration & Operations | Student | Amsterdam | 2023-12-06 | REQ-10062913 | Salary 700 EUR based on 36 hours
Are you up for a challenge? We have an opening for an internship in the Knowledge Management team at ING Workplace Services. Your well-written and appealing texts ensure that all employees can find the information they need on our portal. You are proactive, have good social skills and enjoy collecting information so that you can write a perfect text. You are responsible for gathering all IT-related questions asked by employees and presenting the answers clearly and understandably. As a result, the information in our knowledge base is always up-to-date and easily accessible.
Who are we?
Workplace Services is responsible for ING employees’ digital workplaces worldwide. We provide laptops, standard software like Windows and Office, the network and telephony. And we provide support and knowledge, so employees can always get help or find their own information to solve problems. Our goal is to ensure that our ING colleagues always have access to their ING workplace and are able to do their job smoothly, regardless of where they are or the device they are using. We aim to create an excellent and seamless digital work experience. We know who our ING colleagues are (they are our customers) and what they find important so that we can achieve that aim.
What you will be doing
With a fresh cup of tea in your hand, you sit down at your kitchen table, start up your laptop and check through your emails for anything urgent. You spoke to one of the Knowledge Manager earlier and agreed on which tasks you will be taking on this week. One of these tasks is to call-back employees to ask input based on their feedback. Today will be devoted to preparing everything to ensure that you can complete the knowledge articles and post them on My Workplace (the internal portal) at the end of the week. You also scan the online Viva Engage community to see if colleagues have posted any ad-hoc questions there that you can handle between other tasks.
You also schedule a meeting with the Product Owner of the IT Service Desk to check what topics you can tackle next week. Is that the time already?! Time for a break to recharge.
After lunch, you see a chat message from a Product Owner: a new service is going live and your help is requested to make sure the knowledge article is employee friendly written. You reply, ask for the necessary information and schedule a brief appointment to discuss the information further. This gives you the opportunity to prepare for this appointment so that you can start working efficiently on this text immediately afterward.
You are enjoying your day working from home, although you are also looking forward to tomorrow: a day at the office when you will see your colleagues again. The time just flies by. You scroll through your email one more time, answer the latest messages and end your day feeling satisfied.
We are looking for a communications/knowledge management intern:
- You are a go-getter and can easily communicate with different types of people.
- You have a hands-on mentality and you are entrepreneurial and curious.
- You are precise and know how to gain the support of others.
- You dare to go off the beaten track and you know how to surprise and delight the customer and your colleagues every time.
- You know are eager to know the customers and their needs
- Finally, you are digitally minded and you have no trouble interacting with IT professionals.
- You are a bachelor or master student in the field of communications, languages, marketing or related studies.
- You live in The Netherlands.
- You know how to write attractive and understandable content about sometimes complicated (technical) topics.
- You have affinity with IT and the latest (cross media) technologies.
- You are independent, ambitious and result-driven.
- You are pragmatic, proactive, and you enjoy coming up with new ideas.
- You work in an accurate and structured manner.
- You are an enthusiastic team player.
- You have a strong knowledge and experience with InDesign and Illustrator.
- You are fluent in English. Dutch is a pre.
What we offer
- A 32-hours per week internship for three to six months, six months is a plus.
- You will be part of a small enthusiastic and dedicated team.
- A dynamic, international environment where you can learn at a fast pace.
- A great chance to develop yourself as a Knowledge Manager and adoption expert and learn about internal communications at a high level.
- Internship allowance and travel compensation.
Want to apply or want more information?
Click on the 'Apply' button and send us your CV and tell us via your motivation letter why you want to work at Workplace Services. For more details about the position, please contact Mirella van der Weiden on +31 (0)61 531 6788.
About our internships
Every year, more than 500 students join our internship program. While there are no guarantees about your future, many of our former interns move into a permanent role or onto our International Talent Programme (traineeship). Whatever happens, an internship at ING is the ideal opportunity to meet a wide variety of people, to build up your own network, and to learn about many different aspects of banking – put simply, it’s a great start to your career.