Senior Expert ESG Policies
Employee | Accounting & Finance | Professional | Amsterdam | 2023-09-15 | REQ-10060988 | Salary indication 5,996 EUR - 9,583 EUR based on 36 hours
ING Group Finance
Group Finance is the corporate staff department responsible for the external financial and regulatory reporting, including ESG reporting. Based at the Global Headquarters in Amsterdam, the Regulatory Policies & Oversight team consists of 10 regulatory experts (including prudential and ESG regulation) and change specialists and the Global Head of Regulatory Policies & Oversight whom you report into. The Regulatory Policies & Oversight team consists of a diverse group of experts with different nationalities and backgrounds and is part of the broader Policies & Procedures department (which next to the Regulatory Policies & Oversight department, consists of the IFRS policies and Reporting Control Management departments).
The primary focus of the role is to provide guidance and advice to the External reporting team, Group Sustainability, Group ESG Risk department, Group Treasury department and large business units and subsidiaries, being the Netherlands, Belgium, Poland and Germany, as well as the global network of Wholesale Banking – particularly in the area of sustainable finance.
It is a dynamic working environment as requirements and expectations of all stakeholders are continuously increasing. Besides external stakeholders, including supervisory authorities, auditors and industry groups, the department supports internal stakeholders by providing insight in key developments and high-quality advice on the impact of regulatory developments.
Your new position
As a Senior Expert ESG Policies you operate at the center of the organization. You monitor (inter)national developments with regard to ESG legislation and regulation, especially in the area of reporting (e.g. EU Taxonomy, CSRD, Pillar III). You interpret and analyse these developments, and transpose them into global (reporting) policies for ING Group. In addition, you will advise ING Group’s Executive Board, Group Sustainability, ESG Risk, Group Treasury, Group Finance and various other business lines on the impacts and application of ESG regulation. You will work as part of a team of experts, widely regarded as ING’s center of excellence on prudential and ESG regulation.
The general tasks & responsibilities are
- Developing and ensuring consistency of the ING regulatory (ESG) policies;
- Identifying, monitoring and participating in new developments regarding prudential regulations, including ESG;
- Consulting with other financial institutions, regulatory bodies and industry associations, ensuring maximum support for ING’s position and interest;
- Acting as a contact for Group and Business Line management regarding technical matters on ESG regulations and policies; and
- Guiding the change organization (COO Risk & Finance) in implementing regulation into the various ING systems and processes.
Tasks and responsibilities (primary area of responsibility):
- Primary responsibility lies in the area of Sustainable Finance (ESG) regulatory developments and translating related regulatory (reporting) requirements into ING policies;
- Regulation in the area of ESG has evolved substantially in recent years, and continues to gather pace as the European Commission sets about implementing their Action plan on financing sustainable growth (in 2018) and more recently their Sustainable finance package (in April 2021). These developments have resulted in a number of reporting and disclosure obligations for banks like ING, and we expect further developments to come;
- The ability to read, interpret and synthesize these regulations is essential for you to take the lead in this space; ensuring reporting and disclosure obligations are well understood, transposed to ING policies, and the necessary support and advice is provided to the wide stakeholder base focused on this important area;
- Playing an active role in monitoring future ESG regulatory developments, and in the advocacy and lobbying efforts where necessary;
- Knowledge of the prudential (e.g. solvency) requirements for banks is also essential in order to successfully monitor, assess and inform on developments on the prudential treatment of exposures to ESG risks.;
- You are an expert on ESG regulation and capable of overseeing and handling the increasing complexity of the regulatory frameworks. You are able to see through cases, quickly finding and interpreting applicable rulings. Your advice is concise, practical and clear.
How to succeed
We hire smart people like you for your potential. Our biggest expectation is that you’ll stay curious. Keep learning. Take on responsibility. In return, we’ll back you to develop into an even more awesome version of yourself.
Furthermore, you have:
- A relevant master’s degree and preferably a post-master in accounting (RA, CPA, ACCA)
- In-depth knowledge of ESG regulation and other ESG developments
- Firm knowledge base in accounting regulation (IFRS) & prudential regulation (Basel, CRR, CRD)
- Recent work experience as an (Senior) Manager Audit with a strong interest in ESG / reporting / (Senior) Manager ESG Risk in an audit firm / A (Senior) Legal ESG expert with a strong interest in accounting / reporting
- A structured worker, combining analytical skills and practical execution.
- High ethical and professional standards, you are a trusted advisor on all levels within the organization
Interested and want to apply?
We hope you are the new colleague we are looking for! Please upload your most recent CV and motivational letter, explaining why this position fits your next career move and how your current experience fits out teams needs.
Please note that we cannot process any applications without a cover letter, as this compliments your CV and gives an insight on your drive and ambitions.
Rewards & benefits
We want to make sure that it’s possible for you to strike the right balance between your career and your private life. You can find out more about our employment conditions here.
ING offers you the opportunity to deepen and broaden your knowledge in the field of ESG and regulations in an innovative, dynamic and fast-paced international environment. You will encounter all aspects of ESG and regulatory policy making, since ING is active in all major countries and markets. Working within Group Finance means working in a complex and exciting part of the organization with frequent exposure to C-level executives.
The benefits of working with us at ING include:
- A salary tailored to your qualities and experience
- 24-27 vacation days depending on contract
- Pension scheme
- 13th month salary
- Individual Savings Contribution (BIS), 3.5% of your gross annual salary
- 8% Holiday payment
- Mobility travel card
- Relocation is offered if you live outside the Netherlands
With 57,000 employees and operations in approximately 40 countries, there is no shortage of opportunities for people with initiative who want to help people take a step ahead in life and in business. Do you want to work at the cutting edge of what’s possible and at the same time ensure you work with integrity and hold the customer’s interests at heart? Do you want to be surrounded by progressive, inspiring, diverse and supportive colleagues? Then there is no better place to invest your talents than at ING. Join us and apply today!