Chapter Lead DevOps Engineer – Trade Analytics
Employee | Information Technology | Professional | 2019-10-03 | 057758
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 650 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
ING is looking for driven Chapter Lead DevOps Engineer to work on the multi-asset trading platforms. The in-house built high-performance pricing systems, together with the vendor-built trading, quoting systems, time-series databases and complex event processing engines are key platforms for the real-time low-latency landscape in scope of the growing Financial Markets domain.
ING is using this environment to connect to a large amount of trading exchanges, worldwide to offer the sharpest pricing quotes and executions to our clients. Therefor these systems are on dedicated infrastructure in special datacenters located in close proximity to the key markets, like Eurex, MTS, etc.
With the further digital transformation of pricing and trading, it is an important cornerstone of ING Financial Markets IT. You can be a key asset for ING and an important part of this journey to make it successful with us all.
As a Chapter Lead you have the following objectives:
- facilitate the development of your Ops Engineers in your chapter helping them grow their engineering skills (Tooling, Linux, IT Security, etc) as well as on their Domain knowledge and System knowledge.
- motivate and coach your team to reach their full potential.
- hands-on technical activity as member of one Squad where you provide the automation, tooling, resilience and security necessary for smooth feature delivery by your Squad
- Facilitate the growth of the OPS community
- You help your team develop through coaching, mentoring and constant feedback
- Create a development plan for all the OPS so that they improve their skills in areas like: Networking, Unix, Scripting, Docker, etc
- Together with your IT Area Lead you set targets for each team member
- You are responsible for HR related activities: 1 to 1 meetings with your team members, performance management, etc.
- You work with the recruitment team to attract, onboard and retain top talent (guideline HR activities: 40%, Engineering activities 60%).
- Consider the outcome of prioritization processes and related dependencies
- Performing meaningful testing for several relevant goals
- Improving time-to-market and added business value
- Automate reporting for visibility purposes
- IT risk
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for passionate IT specialists who love to prevent and solve technical problems regarding stability, capacity, and performance of the system. Important characteristics:
- Deliver on promises while keeping good communication lines with clients and partners
- “Can do" mentality, flexibility and ability to take ownership
- A collaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy to the team
- Ability to give and receive professional feedback
- Relentlessly learn and think in solutions
What you bring to the team:
- Education Bachelor and/or Master level in Computer Science or related.
- We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive colleague with good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, 5+ years of industry experience in IT , experience in the financial industry is a plus
- Hands-on knowledge of databases (SQL and No SQL)
- Thorough understanding of, and experience with Linux/ Windows, networking, scripting languages (e.g. bash, Python)
- Experience with managing full-stack vendor packages, and additionally (low latency) infrastructural stack knowledge
- Experience with the responsibility and execution for the incident, problem and change management for high available systems, as well as risk control and configuration management
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- An excellent spoken and written command of English