Compliance Officer Screening and Monitoring
Contract de muncă | Alte | Bucureşti | Bucureşti | 2019-12-24 | 058102
Within the IGCC, a team of Compliance Officers is dedicated to support the global Compliance function on various Compliance related activities to ensure the Compliance risks are adequately managed. Collaboration and cooperation within the IGCC is based on knowledge and expertise, and uses data analytics where possible.
Working with a variety of internal stakeholders offers an environment which not only provides the global overview on how the various Compliance requirements and controls are embedded, yet also provides the opportunity the further support the enhancement of the global control framework.
Your work environment
This new position will be created within the ING Global Compliance Centre (IGCC) and will be located in Romania. The role is defined as a ‘Compliance specialist role’ within the global Compliance community, very specifically related to the processes around screening and (client) monitoring. As part of the Compliance framework the 2nd Line of Defense is executing various activities to support the global Compliance community in the areas of screening (both on customers and transactions) as well as client monitoring.
The role reports hierarchically to the Head of the IGCC.
Your day to day
The above translates to the following (non-exclusive) set of Compliance framework activities:
• Dealing with triggers following the regular screening process, either on customers or on transactions;
• Dealing with triggers related to client monitoring, which could be indicative for e.g. money laundering;
• Propose mitigating measures in accordance with the Policy and Standards;
• Provide feedback towards other departments within ING where relevant on necessary follow-up actions to be taken;
• Collaborate with the local Compliance Officer to determine specific actions to be taken addressing local laws and regulations (if applicable);
• Provide advice, guidance and support on regulatory issues as required;
• Draft reports and management information for the businesses as well as the Compliance function
What you bring to the team:
We are looking for a motivated new colleague who has the following characteristics:
• University degree
• Proven knowledge and expertise in the specific Compliance domain
• A team player with strong interpersonal skills who is able to operate in a diversified and multicultural work environment
• Strong and effective communication skills – fluent in written and spoken English
• Excellent analytical skills as well as a keen eye for detail to e.g. identify and articulate Compliance related aspects
• Willing to travel internationally if needed