Data Analyst – Wholesale Banking
Employee | Information Technology | Professional | 2020-01-22 | 058096
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 550 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Your role and work environment
The Tribe Wholesale Data Management is responsible for delivering data availability, data quality, transparency & control and empower the organization with a united Data Management and Analytics Platform. Data Management is one of the five building blocks of ING’s “Accelerate Think Forward” strategy and you will play a crucial role in enabling ING to become a true data driven organization.
As a Data Analyst you are not afraid of handling and analysing highly complex data. You are great at converting this data into relevant dashboards, reports and insights. By presenting these findings effectively you support stakeholders in important decision-making.
Your key responsibilities
· You analyse complex Data issues that go beyond squad and/or tribe boundaries, with a view to designing complete solutions.
· You collect relevant data, analyse and report. You clean up and process raw data, correlate different types of data and are able to recognize patterns.
· You interpret data, analyse results and deliver excellently substantiated data analyses using standard techniques and tools, which lead to improved business decisions or better data quality.
· You work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. You will need to see through the data and analyse it to find conclusions. This by e.g. data-mining activities, in-depth data analysis, validating by combining and interpreting data.
· You support tribes and squads in their decision-making by describing and visualizing discovered insights and predictions and advise your business partners on data and insight analysis, commercial opportunities and market developments.
· You identify and define new data improvement opportunities.
We are looking for
We are looking for an energetic and driven expert with passion for data (management) and with strong analytical capabilities who uses state-of-the-art methods and techniques for data analysis.
You are an excellent communicator and able to build bridges between different stakeholders.
· You have a master’s degree in e.g. Mathematics, Informatics, Econometrics, Computer/Data Science, Information Management or Statistics
· Experienced in relevant tooling such as PowerBI, Tableau, R, SQL, Python
· You have integral, cross-domain knowledge and experience
· Attention to Detail: Data is precise. You make sure you are vigilant in your analysis to come to correct conclusions
· Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
· You have knowledge of and experience in Data Analysis in the financial services industry