DevOps Engineer - Advanced
Contract de muncă | IT | 2020-01-23 | 056710
Discover ING Bank
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart.
At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them. We empower people and organizations to realize their own vision for a better future. Join us! Together we can build the next generation of digital banking!
- Assists in production support, troubleshoots existing information systems to identify errors or deficiencies and develops solutions, workarounds and/or fixes in order to maintain and improve the functionality of the systems as part of the 2nd line support;
- Understand and assist in traking and monitoring the services/applications, in implementing new alerts and 24/7 monitoring tools in order to constantly improve the resilience/reliability of systems/applications;
- Build-up interest in tracking and monitoring of defects and support in ensuring that the system is deployed to meet the level of reliability required;
- Ensure that capacity changes are implemented, tested and deployed under supervision and guidance, in order to meet the preferable performance level;
- Understand & execute, under supervision, assigned tasks, including installation and configuration in order to prevent human error and increase speed and traceability under clear guidelines;
- Install and configure Hardware and Software, with the support of team members;
- Support the life cycle management of some infrastructure components and ensure that the infrastructure is running on an appropriate level and firmware;
- Understand the need for security and apply it using the existing security framework. make the feature secure under guidance and with the support of team members;
- Support in ensuring that file transfer delivered by infrastructure can be used by the application engineers;
- Perform simple queries on existing data models and follow the basic operating procedures of a database;
- Under supervision and guidance - track, monitor and analyses defects in order to mitigate the impact on the project release and ensure that the system is deployed to meet the level of reliability set by the customer on the correct infrastructure;
- Perform manual configuration activities. Create documentation. Focus on CMDB compliance to ensure minimum information is accurate and up-to-date;
- Be able to understand how a bank operates and the various activities and responsibilities of the different departments. Be able to acquire the basic theoretical skills and to recognize and understand the functional banking concepts in an applicable domain. Be able to grasp the business need of features as described by PO and/or stakeholders;
- Participate in DR/BCP plans;
- Working in an ITIL and agile enviroment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering and/or Computer Science, or equivalent industry experience;
- Basic knowledge of MQ Websphere;
- Windows Server troubleshooting;
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server: Database objects (Triggers, Stored Procedures, Views, etc);
- Scripting Knowledge (Powershell) will be an advantage;
- Strong Service Delivery mindset and ability to visualize and shape business understanding and communicate in a way that gets stakeholder buy in;
- Organized person, focused, able to work under pressure responding to critical incidents calmly, but effectively and capable to meet certain deadlines;
- Ability to work within the team;
- Good organizational skills and commitment to fast follow through.