ETL Team Lead - Unite Data Lake
Contract de muncă | IT | Manager / Specialist | 2020-01-14 | 058592
Discover ING TECH
ING TECH is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast-growing team gathers more than 750 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
As part of the development towards a “Next Generation Digital Banking Platform”, ING is renewing the data management capabilities globally. The Tribe Data Management realises, as part of the “Unite programme”, an integrated data management platform for the Dutch and Belgian organisations: the “Unite Data Lake”.
We are working in squads consisting of a product owner, technical business analysts and ETL DevOps engineers. The members of the Tribe are in The Netherlands, Belgium and Romania.
The Chapter Lead’s role is to build, manage and develop a team of ETL DevOps engineers working on the Unite Data Lake. He will act as a Coach on technical side, but also as People Manager (including performance management) and will be part of the Data Management department.
- Participate in the recruitment of new talents.
- Provide continuos coaching and mentoring by clarifying job responsibilities, setting performance expectations through the establishment of goals and job competencies, identifying skill gaps, creating development plans and evaluating performance.
- People management of highly talented ETL DevOps engineers, located in Bucharest.
- Contribute to the strategy and lifecycle management of the Unite Data Lake implementation.
- Assess the efficiency of end-to-end operational processes by identifying and mitigating risks.
- Collaborate closely with an international team made of Chapter Leads, Product Owners, Agile Coaches, Business Analysts, Architects, ETL DevOps engineers and Infrastructure Specialists.
- Safeguard usage of Agile - Scrum principles in day-to-day work of the team.
- Act as a senior ETL engineer by delivering high quality results in your squad and providing technical guidance in your chapter.
Occasional travelling to Brussels or Amsterdam is required!
What you bring to the team:
- Experience as a People Manager of a software development team.
- Good knowledge of database concepts, database design and data analysis.
- Good knowledge of data warehouse concepts, data integration, ETL processes and tools (experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage is nice to have).
- Experience with Linux operating system or other Unix systems.
- Up to date with the latest industry standards and trends in the area of Data Management.
- Ability to translate functional and non-functional requirements (eg. Security, High Availability).
- Understanding of Agile – Scrum methodology is considered a plus.
- Excellent written and spoken English skills.
- Experience in banking industry is considered a plus.