Feature Engineer (System Analyst DWH) - Competent
Contract de muncă | IT | Nivel mediu | 2019-12-09 | 058364
Discover ING Bank
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart. At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them. We empower people and organizations to realize their own vision for a better future.
If you are a DWH Business Analyst who has technical abilities and wants to use them, or a DWH/ETL Developer who likes to design the solution more than actually implementing it, here is your chance to switch to the design / specification area as a DWH Technical Analyst. You should be proficient in SQL and able to understand (or willing to learn) what happens within a DataStage ETL job.
Join us! Together we can build the next generation of digital banking!
The DWH Technical Analyst is a liaison between the business analysts and the development team. On one side he/she should be able to understand the end-user requirements and identify business needs; on the other hand, he/she should identify the golden source for each business term, create source to target mappings and find implementation options together with developers. At the end the solution will be presented for review & acceptance to both teams (business and developers).
Your Day to Day
- Collaborate with data modelers, architects, developers and source system analysts to define source system output files structure, ensuring the quality of the data and considering non-functional requirements (security, performance, availability or scalability)
- Responsible of creation of source to requirements mappings for the business terms defined by the business analysts and source to target mappings for the logical & physical model defined by the data modelers
- Support Product owner in defining User Stories and backlog for analysis and development teams
- Provide ongoing support to Dev Team during development phase
- Support Dev team in SIT (System Integration Testing)
- Support Product Owner/Business in performing the UAT (User Acceptance Testing)
- Collaborates with programmers, testers, other development teams and business users
- Accurately and concisely articulate issues, questions, recommendations to customers, team members, and management. Proactively identify issues and concerns
- Provides training, documentation and support for business user and other support lines
- Set up and maintain way of working, design principles, standards and guidelines for local and group Data Lake components.
What you bring to the team
- University degree in Computer Science or other related fields preferred; equivalent experience will be considered
- 3+ years of proven experience in the role of System/Technical Analyst in a Data Warehouse or reporting environment
- 3+ years of proven experience in the role of Business Analyst in a DWH environment and respective business area in gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements
- 3+ years of proven experience as DWH SQL/ETL Developer.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing, data modeling, ETL, database design, business intelligence and their processes
- Strong knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of modeling principles (conceptual, logical and physical – relational and dimensional) is a plus
- Working knowledge of banking/financial environment is a plus
- Experience using Agile methodology is a plus
- Good level of English.
- Good in problem analysis and judgment – you evaluate the impact of architectural decisions, actions, choices, risks and updates and their impact on the organization
- Autonomous in executing tasks, preparation of advice, and decision making about the implementation
- Persistent – you deal with conflicts of interest and obtain a good and acceptable end solution
- Communicative and persuasive – you can document in a comprehensive way to non-IT colleagues the decisions taken.
Important: Please refer to Internal Recruitment Procedure
Hay Grade: 16
Hiring Manager: Emanuel Stroescu
Department: Corporate DWH
Business line: Core Platform & WHB
Contact: Irina Achim - HR