IT Service Manager
Employee | Information Technology | 2020-01-15 | 058616
Discover ING Tech:
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Global Platform Technical Building Blocks and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast-growing team gathers more than 650 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking
Being a global company having in the strategy the delivery of a global platform for all customers ING relies on several global services. ING Tech is ING’s development hub and relies on global services such as Private cloud, Workplace Services, Continuous Delivery as a Service and others.
The IT Service Manager acts as IT single point of contact in relation with the global service providers focusing on service level monitoring, tracking of incidents and problem resolutions, configuration management, overview on minimum standards documentation, impact assessment from the change management perspective.
What you bring to the team:
Your education, experience and background:
- Professional and intellectual ability at university level;
- IT-related background (Bachelor’s degree or higher);
- 2+ years of experience in IT and preferable in banking;
- Good knowledge of operating systems, applications, databases, and other technologies (e.g. Networking, Hardware).
- Knowledge of IT standards;
- Knowledge of ITSM processes (incident, problem and change management);
- Demonstrates “convincing people” skills based on facts and business cases;
- Experience in international collaboration (differences in cultures and context) is a plus.
Your day to day:
- Maintains a positive relationship with business customers, identifies customer needs and ensuring that IT organization is able to meet these needs with an appropriate catalogue of services and within agreed service levels;
- Identifies business needs and ensures services provided deliver the business outcomes requested;
- Understands and anticipates Business usage patterns of the services (i.e. demand) in order to determine Capacity requirements;
- Negotiates Service Level Agreements with Business and Works with other IT Departments in order to ensure delivery of services at agreed levels;
- Monitors and Reports IT Service level metrics;
- Manages suppliers for IT services delivered to Business customers by external providers;
- Manages budget needed to set-up/improve/maintain IT Services delivered;
- Ensures all services are correctly registered and documented in Configuration Management Database, including underlying infrastructure and interfaces;
- Ensures IT Services are correctly documented as per IT Minimum Standard Requirements (A-OSG, ITRA);
- Supports Asset Owner in assessing the risks associated with the usage of an IT Service;
- Oversees the change management process related to IT Services and ensures impact assessment is performed and security requirements are complied with before release into production;
- Provides operational support for Penetration testing set-up and performance;
- Provides operational support for acceptance testing of changes;
- Acts as IT Custodian for IT Assets;
- Performs regular Service review meetings with Business and Suppliers;
- Manages Service Improvement roadmap (service upgrades, technology changes, lifecycle etc.).