Senior Development Engineer – Touchpoint One Connect – API Gateway
Contract de muncă | IT | Nivel mediu | 2019-10-31 | 058007
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 800 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Area of responsibility
Touchpoint Platform is part of ING’s “Think Forward” strategy to become a truly global bank. It is a strategic program that that aims to provide a globally scalable banking platform by simplifying and standardizing our banking applications and creating a modularly built system.
The Touchpoint Architecture Platform uses an API Gateway for 'external' client applications to access the TPA platform API's. API Security defines how the APIs of the Touchpoint Architecture are protected and can communicate between each other in a secure and scalable way.
The target state for the Touchpoint Architecture is that all APIs within ING across all countries, can communicate with each other with little restrictions within the platform.
Systems which are outside of the Touchpoint Platform (Security Boundary) will use the API Gateway to access APIs within the platform.
The API Gateway will handle all Client Application-specific security measures (like CORS, CSRF, JSON Busting for browsers and SRP channel for Mobile, etc) to avoid APIs to have to implement these themselves.
- Design and develop new functionality for multiple Java applications;
- Add new functionality to the framework components based on Token technology;
- Design and develop new functionality for the endpoint configuration request application;
- Contribute in the code base of NGINX modules, used for access control and security on the edge;
- Support more junior developers in creating better applications;
- Occasional travel abroad (Amsterdam) is required.
Who we are looking for?
We are currently looking for a senior developer for our NGINX Squad within Touchpoint. The squad currently consists of 6 developers, 2 OPS and a PO, all located in Amsterdam.
The products our team delivers are not only the authentication proxy for all internet channels in the Netherlands and Belgium, but also various authentication components. These are the target TokenAPI and legacy authenticating applications. Furthermore, we deliver security components, which are reused in the ING developer frameworks to verify users, extract user information and provide secure API to API communication.
We are looking for the following characteristics:
- A strong interest in Continuous Delivery and Agile / SCRUM ways of working;
- Understanding of what operational excellence means in a DevOps environment and how to contribute;
- Deliver on promises while keeping good communication lines with clients and partners;
- “Can do" mentality, flexibility and ability to take ownership;
- A collaborative approach to solving problems while bringing positive energy to the team;
- Ability to give and receive professional feedback;
- Relentlessly learn and think in solutions, considering short and long-term value and impact;
- Excellent team player in an international team, quality focused, service oriented, eager to learn.
What you bring to the team
- Academic education: Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Cybernetics or equivalent;
- At least 5 years of experience as an dev/ops engineer, exposure to financial industry is a plus;
- Experience as a Java developer, especially in the usage of common frameworks like Spring/SpringBoot;
- Preferably experience in C and Python;
- Knowledge about TLS, Crypto, OAuth and SAML;
- A good understanding of the most common security threats (OWASP);
- Practice in the usage of common developer tools (Git, Docker, Jenkins and Maven);
- Practice in delivering high-performance and zero downtime applications;
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies;
- An excellent spoken and written command of English;
- Bonus: Experience in Front-end development (esp. Polymer, Angular).