Chapter Lead - DevOps (Reporting)
Employee | IT | Professional | 2020-05-18 | 059387
Discover ING Bank
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart.
At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them. We empower people and organizations to realize their own vision for a better future.
Join us! Together we can build the next generation of digital banking!
As Chapter Lead you ensure that the strategy for managing the applications supporting the Business Organization is consistently applied across squads and tribes. In the same time you are directly in charge with DevOps pipelines dedicated to the entire set of applications. You are an ambassador of this strategy to your direct reports, Product Owners and Tribe Leads, through frequent interaction and alignment.
With your solid understanding of the services delivered to the Business Organization and people leadership skills, you are overall responsible for the performance and health of your chapter. You have a deep understanding of the activities to be performed by the members of your chapter and the set of skills needed. You can perform chapter tasks and you set the people development path within the chapter to develop the required set of skills. You make sure that the incident and problem management processes are followed within the squads and Tribes and make reports to help Tribes understand the importance of the DevOps activities. You advocate for those initiatives that increase the service resilience and quality and make sure that during the QBR’s exercise activities are addressed.
- Human resource management, incidents and problems related to applications in the area of Reporting Services - DevOps Team, in order to deliver the best quality services according to ITIL and regulations;
- Managing relationships with all partners in and outside ING, IT and non- IT applications related to the Reporting Services area, promoting collaborative relationships with all these partners, in order to:
- Use and validate constant business needs of customers, partners, and the teams he/she leads;
- Anticipate and validate the quality of services they provide to other partners for applications in IT Application Support Team - Inspections Reporting;
- Human resources management needed in the team: take charge of recruiting, hiring, training and promoting an organizational culture based on continuous learning and sharing of knowledge within the team and outside it;
- Ensure that the team has the necessary resources (people, technical knowledge, product knowledge and business processes, technical tools needed, etc.) to achieve their objectives;
- Evaluate the performances of individuals and of the team. Is responsible for defining and evaluation scheme and the goals of the team members and to take immediate corrective measures when and if needed;
- Establish career plans for employees and contribute to their development, identify employees with high potential;
- Anticipate the business areas that can and must be improved, propose and implement action plans and procedures appropriate qualitative terms and conditions agreed in advance;
- Provide technical consulting to team members and partners of the bank, has an open attitude to debate and implement new and more efficient ways of working;
- Manage relationships with all external consultants involved in the bank's IT projects, is responsible for defining the requirements for tracking them and they deliver according to the agreed technical specifications and time in advance.
What you bring to the team
- Good understanding of interdependencies within organization
- Fact and data based decision taking (both in day-to-day management and in contributing to determining strategic planning)
- Empowering people management style; Inspiring and energizing when talking to colleagues
- Mindset of continuous improvement of the service and way of working; E2E approach
- Curiosity to always look out for innovation opportunities
- Client-oriented mindset and assertiveness;
- Solid knowledge of the following technologies is a plus: .NET Framework 4.6.1, .NET core 3.0 C# 7.0, TFS, PowerShell, Linux, SQL
- Incident management and ITIL principles knowledge;
- Software Development Life Cycle principles knowledge;
- Knowledge of ING’s products and business processes;
- Good understanding of Agile Methodology.
- University degree (IT, Engineering) or equivalent professional experience
- Good command of English