Circle Lead KYC Operations (WB & MCB)
Employee | Administration / Operations | Manager/Expert | 2020-02-24 | 058637
We are looking for a Circle Lead KYC Operations WB&MCB, to lead and organise the KYC operations staff (WB&MCB). The Circle Lead KYC Operations WB&MCB reports to the Country KYC Operations Lead.
This role requires experience in operating in a dynamic environment and profound knowledge of the regulatory landscape and the KYC domain in particular. It combines a client focused attitude with analytical skills and result oriented strategic thinking.
Your working environment
The Circle Lead KYC Operations WB&MCB is part of the Country KYC organisation as well as integral part of the Global KYC organisation.
The Global KYC organisation is a new organisation within the COO domain. Their purpose is “Enabling people and organisations to use our banking services by ensuring a compliant and competitive KYC ecosystem”.
The KYC organisation is a 1st line department providing the ING business and functions with guidance, standardised solutions on the area various KYC related regulations (on process, control, tooling, etc.) as well as realising operational excellence. You will be working with many colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds. You will be part of managing and supporting the transformation towards this organisation and as such contribute significantly to the realisation of the One Agile Way of Working methodology within ING.
The Circle Lead KYC Operations WB&MCB will steer and guide the local staff that performs the KYC execution in the WB&MCB area. He/ she is responsible for the execution of standardised global KYC activities in the area of Client Due Diligence, Monitoring and KYC case management.
The lead is responsible to ensure that new global and local standards on policies, guidelines, systems and processes are properly communicated, embedded and executed by KYC operations staff. The lead will liaise with Country KYC Operations Lead, Country Delivery and CoE to discuss key concerns and issues. Represents KYC 1st LoD in internal interactions in case of operational excellence discussions.
What we offer
Join a highly motivated team of professionals with international exposure. Opportunity to work in a dynamic environment, which is rapidly changing on the back of changing client needs, regulatory requirements and operational excellence challenges.
Your day to day
Specifically, you have the following key responsibilities:
- Translation of the planning and implementation deliverables of the Business Line KYC into local planning and handshakes.
- Be responsible for local staff executing the processes for KYC, Client Due Diligence (onboarding as well as periodic review) and Quality Assurance.
- Ensure all local staff develop and stay attuned with their craftsmanship KYC specialist.
- Be a key sparring partner for the Country KYC Operations Lead on both content as well as process/continuous improvement.
- Actively collaborate with the Business lines and KYC counterparts on the Country KYC activities, to ensure on the ground experience is provided as and when needed to ensure an effective, efficient and compliant execution of KYC activities.
- Highlights opportunities and analyses problems detected; follows up on these matters with relevant team members and ensures the solutions are timely implemented. Suggests and implements improvements for internal business processes.
- Act as ambassador of the One Agile Way of Working within ING.
- Develops and maintains a network within the ING organisation.
What you bring to the team
As the Circle Lead KYC Operations WB&MCB, you:
- Are skilled, professionally, knowledgeable and solution oriented.
- Have an academic degree.
- Have at least 5 years of relevant work experience in the financial services industry, preferably within Retail Banking.
- Have a vast track record of working in the area of KYC or AML and have a thorough understanding of the current market and regulatory conditions and challenges that the financial industry faces.
- Have a vast track record in leading operations teams to deliver.
- Believe in the agile way of working, self-steering teams and empowering of colleagues.
- Are able to motivate teams and manage highly skilled individuals.
- Are fluent in English speaking and in writing.
- Have experience in complex organisations and a bird’s eye view and knowledge of business processes and associated risks.
- Have proven communication, convincing and advisory skills with the ability to work at all levels in the organisation.
- Are Excellent planner and organiser.
- Are strongly Customer oriented.