Data Modeler - Esperanto Team @ ING Tech
Employee | IT | Professional | 2020-06-25 | 059599
Discover ING TECH
The focus of ING Tech Romania (established in 2015 as a global hub for technology) has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING countries.
Currently, ING Tech Romania provides approximately 100 services to more than 18 countries and units. These services are grouped in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit.
Now, in 2020, our fast growing organization gathers more than 900 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
The Data Modeller will drive, define, develop and maintain the ING Esperanto Business terms and logical and physical data models. You will be part of multi-disciplinary squads formed around business initiatives.
“ING Esperanto” is the globally standardized set of business terms and definitions to realize a common understanding and uniformity of business terms across ING and to make it possible to exchange data between data lakes, in a uniform and industrialized way.
Your day to day:
- Execute the Esperanto process based on an Agile way of working and alignment with the other chapters and stakeholders;
- Based on the input of business representatives refine requirements and translate them into business terms and conceptual models.
- Deliver conform agreed principles and quality criteria: ING Esperanto business terms, Conceptual Data Models, data requirements, Logical- and Physical Data Models, requirements mapping and documentation necessary for shipping via Esperanto deployment packages to the Data Lakes;
- Supporting, coaching and training of colleagues in ING on ING Esperanto;
- Report on the process and communication to stakeholders.
- Maintaining and supporting the usage of the data models in the ING organization;
- Maintaining business terms and definitions, including data quality requirements and additional meta data;
- Set up and maintain design principles, standards and guidelines for Esperanto components and way of working;
What you bring to the team:
- Advanced understanding and experience in the area of data management and/or IT, data modelling- technics, architecture and agile way of working;
- Advance knowledge of banking processes and products;
- Broad experience with data modelling tools and methods;
- Excellent communication and didactical skills and English language skills both spoken and in word are required;
- Strong Data Warehousing / Data Modelling / Database Design skills
- Experienced in writing business terms, understanding of the importance of definitions and meaning of words;
- A Bachelor degree or equivalent through experience
Considered a plus:
- Knowledge of and experience with the IBM’s BDW models and data modelling tools like Power Designer, InfoSphere Data Architect
- Knowledge of and experience acting within business area of financial institutions and within data management organisations.
- Experience as Senior Database Developer, Solution Designer or Data Architect (architecture, planning & roadmap, solution definition, solution follow-up & guidance)
- Understanding of Entity / Relationship Data Modelling, being able to interpret logical and conceptual data models and able to explain these models in a natural language.
- Knowledge of and a vision on data management and affinity with IT.
*During a non-pandemic period, this role involves business travel. Candidates should be willing to travel to ING locations (mainly Europe and occasionally outside Europe). Expected number weeks abroad may vary but will be between 6 and 12 weeks a year.