DevOps Engineer – Enterprise Data Lake [@ING Tech]
Employee | IT | Professional | 2019-11-29 | 058274
Discover ING Tech
The focus of ING Tech Romania (established in 2015 as a global hub for technology) has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING countries.
Currently, ING Tech Romania provides approximately 100 services to more than 18 countries and units. These services are grouped in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit.
Now, in 2020, our fast growing organisation gathers more than 900 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
As part of the development towards a “Next Generation Digital Banking Platform”, ING Group Services is building a state-of-the-art Data Lake. An ambitious project based on technologies like IBM InfoSphere (DataStage and Information Governance Catalogue), Linux, Cognos and Oracle. Enterprise Data Lake has the ambition to become the single interface for extracting data from all ING domains in one single format.
As Ops Engineer you will be working in a scrum team consisting of a product owner, Ops Engineers and ETL Engineers. The members of the Tribe are in The Netherlands, India and Romania.
You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing and deploying IBM Information Server artefacts, mainly involving DataStage. Maintaining the applications running in our Data Lake including incident management and bug fixing is also part of your job.
We seek enthusiastic DevOps engineers with passion for data, knowledge and experience in data management!
Your day to day
· In charge with keeping the platform up and running (Install and upgrade features, apply patches etc.)
· Automation of deployments
· Production monitoring
· Incident Management
· Responsible for keeping the IT Risk Controls up to date
· Identify opportunities for automations and improvements
· The role might require occasional travel to the Netherlands
We are looking for someone with:
· Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the field
· Experience with Linux operating system
· Good knowledge of SQL and database concepts
· GIT (or similar version control systems)
· Programming language like Python
· Proficient in English (verbal and writing)
· Enthusiastic personality, enjoying working in a multi-cultural environment
· Wiliness to learn and experiment new technologies
What’s in it for you:
· Flexible working schedule, which usually includes two days of WFH, but we can adapt to any situation, we work fully remote for the moment;
· Extra vacation days, depending on your entire working experience;
· We encourage personal and professional development, so we invest in your learning by putting at your disposal a budget for trainings, workshops and certifications;
· Because everybody is working from home and we really understand that is not always easy, we have built an online well-being programme that can help you manage this stressful period;
· We also have a cool community and your colleagues will help you to integrate fast;
· We support each other, and we share our work and passions on an online Tech Neighborhood;
· A relaxing environment will be awaiting for you back at the office, with a flexible desk policy that allows you to work from an office desk, but also from a couch or from the terrace;
· And when you will need a break, you can have a tea from Teapigs and/or a coffee from Nespresso which you can enjoy while reading a book from Bookster;
· Even though we work fully remote this does not mean that you can`t enjoy your own monitor and chair from the office at home while our live DJ sets plays you chillaxing music.