DevOps Engineer – Financial Markets/ DSD[@ING Tech]
Employee | IT | Professional | 2019-07-16 | 057136
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech Romania is ING’s global hub for technology established in 2015. Focused on building strategic key capabilities, the hub provides approximately 90 services for more than 18 countries and business units within ING Group in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance and audit.
Now, in 2020, our fast growing organisation gathers more than 900 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
ING is looking for an IT DevOps Engineer to work on the multi-asset trading platforms.
Dealing-room Software Development team DSD provides different trading desks with in-house built trading software for both front- and back-end processes. Our activities span multiple asset classes (Commodities, Government bonds, Interest rate swaps, Commercial Paper), functionality (Sales-trader workflow, competitive and fair pricing models, price streaming, request-for-quote negotiation, algorithmic trading) and technologies (Java, C#, KDB, SQL Server…).
As operations engineer, you have the chance to work on the development part, because this opportunity is more than doing support for an application. Working for DSD represents both a functional and technical challenge, and rest assured that you will have exposure, as DSD is an important cornerstone of ING Financial Markets IT.
Within our team, you will be able to take ownership of your work and transform your ideas into tangible production features, taking into consideration the entire chain (end to end delivery responsibility – you build it, you run it.).
As part of a DevOps squad, work closely with the Product Owner, business stakeholders and engineers from related teams
- Specifying, designing, testing and deploying the runtime scripts (e.g. top/start/purge/backup/deploy/rollback)
- Deploying and running the production systems and monitoring tools (we are able deploy into PROD every 2 sprints)
- Configuring and implementing Monitoring Tooling using the correct and agreed event alerts
- Maintenance of CI/CD pipelines
- Providing support for the applications
- Performing Performance and Acceptance tests (including High Availability and Disaster Recovery Tests)
- Implementing the security policy so that the system is secure at operating system, database and application server level
- Understanding and monitoring the entire stack’s technology on which the application runs
- Performing Incident, Problem and Change Management, including writing user stories for resolving problems
- Performing Life Cycle Management for the system
- Taking ownership of IT reliability and security (Operational Control) and risk
What you bring to the team:
- Education Bachelor and/or Master level in Computer Science or related.
- Self-starter, 5+ years of industry experience in as It engineer
- Experience with Windows (80%) and thorough understanding of networking and scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python)
- Hands-on knowledge of Continuous Delivery tools, (e.g. Git, TFS, Maven, Checkmarx, Ansible), monitoring tools (such as Zabbix, Logstash, Kibana, El. Search, Nagios)
- Experience with SQL servers in SQLite
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies
- An excellent spoken and written command of English
Nice to have:
- Development experience of distributed/multi-process applications, and time series databases
- Interest in programming languages (Java, C#)
- Experience with Linux (20% of your tasks will pe Linux oriented)
- Experience in the financial industry
Occasional travel abroad (Amsterdam) is required. (when normal will be normal again)
If you have a passion for IT then you we would love to talk to you.