Feature Engineer – Competent
Employee | Information Technology | 2020-01-13 | 058587
Discover ING Bank
ING is a frontrunner in the transformation of banking and a company that puts technology at its heart.
At ING, we believe all sustainable progress is driven by people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of those around them. We empower people and organisations to realise their own vision for a better future. Join us! Together we can build the next generation of digital banking
As a BPM Feature Engineer you will be member of an agile team dedicated to a specific business squad: lending individuals or companies, accounts, investments, non-lending products or services for individuals or companies.
Each agile team owns a portfolio of processes related to his squad and has the mission to develop and maintain them according to a prioritized backlog. All products, processes, services, customer interactions, from a simple flow of opening a current account, to a high complex processes like lending products for large companies, are modelled in a BPM platform.
Your day to day:
- Understand product vision and assist business product owner in prioritizing features;
- Interpret and clarify business need, understand the “what” by showing the “how”, in a productive and iterative cycle, providing technology-based solutions;
- Develop solutions by using a BPM tool: design interfaces, flows, model data, configure (develop) business rules, test functionalities;
- Contribute at technical solution envisioning and architecture design;
- Maintenance: investigate issues and identify improvements for the processes; have a deeper understanding of the business flows and ensuring that process flows match the way people actually work;
- Ensure the quality of the software and consider non-functional requirements (security, performance, availability or scalability), and manage quality assurance procedures in order to ensure submitted development work meets requirements (functional and non-functional);
- Participate in daily scrums, sprint planning, demo and retrospective, that ensures that work will meet business requirement and team commitment;
- Act as 3rd line support: develop fixes for problems and make procedures for application support teams.
- Deliver training, documentation and technical support about products/solutions developed
What to bring to the team
- Be able to handle a request end-to-end: ability to lead requirements, business process definition and design sessions with decision makers (product owner and/or his representatives), product owners and end users, under minimal supervision and guidance;
- Good level of knowledge & understanding of banking industry;
- Hands on experience with BPM platforms;
- Strong understanding of data and business process modelling;
- Strong level of database querying and hands-on experience using SQL;
- Agile knowledge;
- Problem solving skills and results oriented: focus on solutions not on problems;
- Excellent analytical and mathematical logic skills
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent team player
- Ability to interpret and write system documentation and technical specifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English and Romanian)
- Bachelor's Degree on Computer science or Information Technology or Economics area
- At least 3 years’ experience in software development; references for successful projects.