IT Security Operations Engineer – WB Security Proxy @ ING Tech
Contract de muncă | IT | Nivel mediu | 2020-05-13 | 059220
Discover ING TECH
The focus of ING Tech Romania (established in 2015 as a global hub for technology) has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING countries.
Currently, ING Tech Romania provides approximately 100 services to more than 18 countries and units. These services are grouped in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit.
Now, in 2020, our fast growing organization gathers more than 900 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
Imagine that your work could impact thousands of customers all over the world. How would it feel to be a member of one of the 14 teams that work together (both in Bucharest and Amsterdam) for developing and maintaining the Platform dedicated to ING’s Corporate Customers?
Each team has its purpose in this Global Project named Digital Channels. Right now, we are looking for a witty IT Security Operations Engineer who will join the Security Proxy Elasticsearch team. Being a part of this team means taking ownership on administration, configuration maintenance and support of the Platform dedicated to the Corporate Clients of ING all over the world.
Your role and work environment
As an IT Security Operations Engineer you look after the availability, reliability of Corporate Banking Security Proxy and Corporate Banking Elastic cluster. The impact of what you are responsible for, is huge. The field evolves fast and staying up-to-date and exercising technical leadership to help the organization stay at the forefront is of paramount importance.
The squad operates a NGINX based internal Security Proxy for strategic Corporate Banking applications and operates a central Elastic stack cluster for securely storing and accessing logs for several applications.
The IT Security Ops Engineer will assist and perform the following:
- Building and maintaining monitoring and reporting frameworks as well as tools used to streamline and automate tasks throughout the platform lifecycle.
- Create, facilitate and evangelize automated workflows.
- Carry out production deployments, identifying and patching bugs and reducing inefficiencies.
- Supporting internal customers and Troubleshooting critical production issues across platforms and applications as required.
- Provide the evidence to cover the required risk controls.
- On-call activities (once in 4-7weeks)
This role will provide the opportunity to interact with various technologies including, but not limited to: Azure DevOps, Ansible, NGINX, Python, RHEL, Docker/OpenShift, Elasticsearch/Logstash/Kibana/Beats, Prometheus.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience working in LINUX environments
- Knowledge of a scripting language (preferably Python)
- Experience with modern Monitoring Tooling like Prometheus and Elastic
- Experience with administration/setup of Elastic Stack is preferred
- Experience with containerization like Docker, OpenShift
- Experience with modern CI/CD tools (Ansible experience is nice to have)
- He or she must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, an operations-oriented mind-set, a knack for technical firefighting, diagnostics, troubleshooting and problem solving
- A desire to learn new technologies and evolve with an ever-changing industry
- More than 3 years of relevant experience in a DevOps, TechOps, or SRE role
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of ING Global Digital Channels. We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build. Team work is key element.