Operations Engineer - One CMS @ ING Tech
Employee | IT | Professional | 2020-05-13 | 059218
Discover ING TECH
The focus of ING Tech Romania (established in 2015 as a global hub for technology) has been on building strategic key capabilities, such as developing and continuously improving common IT solutions that can be shared, replicated and reused across the other ING countries.
Currently, ING Tech Romania provides approximately 100 services to more than 18 countries and units. These services are grouped in the following main categories: software development; data management; non-financial risk & compliance; audit.
Now, in 2020, our fast growing organization gathers more than 900 high-performing engineers that work together in global tribes.
Imagine that your work could impact thousands of customers all over the world. How would it feel to be a member of one of the 14 teams that work together (both in Bucharest and Amsterdam) for developing and maintaining the Platform dedicated to ING’s Corporate Customers?
Each team has its purpose in this Global Project named Digital Channels. Right now, we are looking for a witty Operations Engineer who will join the One CMS team, and who will help with the implementation of Hippo Bloomreach - Content Management System (CMS).
Your role and work environment
As an Ops Engineer you will be looking after the availability and reliability of Content as a Service systems, which are being used for all the Wholesale Banking customers. The impact of what you are responsible for is huge. The field evolves fast and staying up-to-date and exercising technical leadership to help the organization stay in the forefront is of paramount importance.
You will work in the dynamic and challenging environment of the IT organization of ING Global Digital Channels. We operate according to a Scrum Agile development process and strongly believe in the DevOps approach to delivering IT solutions. The focus is on high-quality mission-critical software delivered in time using iterative development with regular milestone demos to the business, so that at the end there are no surprises about what we build.
Your key responsibilities:
- Building and maintaining monitoring and reporting frameworks as well as tools used to streamline and automate tasks throughout the platform lifecycle
- Creating, facilitating and evangelizing automated workflows
- Carry out production deployments, identifying and patching bugs and reducing inefficiencies
- Troubleshooting critical production issues across platforms and applications as required.
- Providing the evidence to cover the required risk controls
- Giving support to internal customers in IT related tasks, when needed
- On-call activities (once in 4-7weeks)
This role will provide the opportunity to interact directly with end users to resolve technical issues. As well as exposure to various technologies including, but not limited to, Azure DevOps, Ansible, Elasticsearch, Jenkins, Python, Java, Tomcat, Docker and production RHEL based Linux distributions.
We are looking for someone with:
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language (Python is preferred)
- Knowledge of systems administration, software development life cycles, scripting and build tools
- Experience working in *NIX environments
- He or she must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, an operations-oriented mind-set, a knack for technical firefighting, diagnostics, troubleshooting and problem solving
- A desire to learn new technologies and evolve with an ever-changing industry
- More than 3 years of relevant experience in a DevOps, TechOps, or SRE role
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related discipline is preferred