SWAT Developer -JVM [@ING Tech]
Employee | IT | Professional | 2020-04-23 | 059292
Discover ING Tech
ING Tech is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast growing team gathers more than 850 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
Several strategic projects are initiated or in process to be started in ING Tech Romania. A solid basis is vital for the success of each of these projects.
This basis is set by a group of key technical people, highly skilled in their area of expertise and knowledgeable of the ING procedures and standards.
Hence, we are aiming to build a team of highly skilled engineers with a clear purpose of helping out in setting the grounds of the new projects
Your day to day will span across all aspects of software engineering; from programming and debugging, to architecture design, build engineering, release engineering, documentation, workflow automation, assisting the team.
- You embrace and drive technical change in the project
- Excellent team player in an international team, quality focused, service oriented, eager to learn.
- You are curious and understand the latest developments in the technical and financial services.
- You have a good understanding of banking in general or you are passionate about learning it. You are able to discuss with your stakeholders and product owner about features and stories and can translate these into software with real business value.
- You have a good understanding of Software Architecture.
- You have experience in Continuous Delivery.
What you bring to the team
- A University degree in Computer Science, Cybernetics, Software Engineering, Financial Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of development experience using a JVM based language
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Experience with building and deploying containerized services
- Experience with the Spring framework
- Experience or affinity with IT Security concepts
- Familiarity with TDD and BDD
- Familiarity with network protocols (http/2, tcp)
- Good communication skills, in English and Romanian
- Strong analytical skills, proactivity and willingness to share knowledge with others
Nice to have
- A good working knowledge of the Star Wars universe and the dark side is also a plus
- Experience with functional programming concepts
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks like React, Vue or Angular