Technical Business Analyst - Unite Data Management [@ING Tech]
Employee | IT | Manager/Expert | 2020-01-27 | 058778
Discover ING TECH
ING TECH is an international hub for technology & innovation, developing IT solutions across ING in areas such as Core Banking, Big Data, Financial Markets, Data Management, Touch Point Architecture and many more. By using the latest methodologies in software development, our fast-growing team gathers more than 850 tech enthusiasts who work for international projects that go beyond traditional banking.
As part of the development towards a “Next Generation Digital Banking Platform”, ING is renewing the data management capabilities globally. The Tribe Data Management realises, as part of the “Unite programme”, an integrated data management platform for the Dutch and Belgian organisations: the “Unite data lake”. This is an ambitious implementation based on state of the art technology. Good governance of this platform is crucial. Together with data owners and data stewards in the organisation, we ensure that data is defined, can be easily exchanged, the data quality is monitored, and the data lake is set up according to security and privacy standards. We provide the data to important consumers like Finance, Risk, Analytics and ING Group. The cross-border Tribe Data Management fulfils a crucial role for all Tribes in the Netherlands and Belgium.
We are working in squads consisting of a product owner, technical business analysts and DevOps engineers. The members of the Tribe are in The Netherlands, Belgium and Romania.
We seek enthusiastic technical business analysts with passion for data, knowledge and experience in data management to ensure that our new generation data lake is optimally aligned with business requirements and terminology.
Your day to day
- You collaborate with business data owners/data stewards to understand their data, their data needs and business context
- You analyse the data to prepare the loading in the data lake
- You bring the data under governance by recording the data definitions in the data dictionary and maintain them as part of metadata management
- You set up conceptual, logical, and physical data models, and define default terms for the business terms, based on the IBM Banking Data Warehouse (BDW) Model and the "ING Esperanto" (the data definitions for the entire ING Group)
- You are responsible for the creation of the detailed specifications that will be used by DevOps engineers to source and structure data into the Data Lake
- You participate in the testing of data models
- You set the requirements for data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy and other relevant aspects for business terms/data assets
- The role requires occasional travel to Belgium or Netherlands.
We are looking for someone with:
- Experience working with databases and good SQL skills
- Knowledge and experience with data modelling techniques and the development of conceptual, logical and physical data models and the safeguarding of their interdependence
- Experience in gathering and aligning on definitions for business terms
- Conceptually and analytically strong to make the right modelling choices
- Knowledge and practical experience with data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy, data lifecycle management, data issue remediation and other data-governance practices
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing, to be able to align with various stakeholders
- Proficient in English (verbal and writing)
- Enthusiastic personality, bringing pleasure and connection with Agile methodology in multidisciplinary teams.