The ITP programme
Hello, my name is Jean-Philippe. I am in charge of ITP for ING Luxembourg. I’d like to use this page to answer all your ITP-related questions. Go ahead; I’m all ears.
Ah! There we go; someone has a question. I’m listening…
Camille : Hello, short and sweet, what is ITP?
Emmanuel : What kinds of profiles are you looking for for this program?
Sophie : Is this program specific to ING Luxembourg?
Actually, Sophie, this program is run by the ING group, from Amsterdam. Numerous entities all around the world take part. This offers innumerable possibilities to develop your network and benefit from experiences abroad.
Sarah : You spoke a bit about contracts, but what types of positions are offered as part of ITP?
Jean-Philippe : When you apply to the program, you have to, right from the off, select a track among 5 possibilities. What that means is that you have to define what kind of position you would like to fill at ING Luxembourg. In fact, to make this a little bit more clear, I’ll briefly tell you about the different tracks:
- Wholesale Banking : If you want to work in direct contact with companies, develop your commercial sense, deepen your financial analysis skills, or get a glimpse into the world of trading rooms, then this is the track for you!
- Retail Banking : If you’re looking for a purely commercial experience in close contact with our clients, be they individual or private banking clients, this is the track for you. It will open up opportunities in various departments, such as Portfolio Management, Product Management, Strategy & Business Intelligence or Marketing.
- Finance : You feel more enticed by running checks and accounting? Then choose the Finance track. You will have the opportunity to work with different services and participate in the strategising process and follow its implementation, and follow the bank’s progress.
- Risk : The financial world is constantly evolving. This makes risk positions more and more strategically important all time. If this is your field of interest, this track is made for you.
- IT : You want to specialise in IT? Be a project manager? Position yourself as a business partner to services and support their strategy? Then choose the IT track and build your future, and the bank’s.
I hope my answer was complete enough.
Aurélie : What is the actual content of ITP?
Jean-Philippe :The question we’ve all been waiting for!
Taking part in ITP means being given the opportunity to work in three 6-month rotations in different departments. The first rotation will always take place within your chosen track. The second can, but doesn’t have to; you can try out a different track (e.g. an IT Management Trainee can work a rotation in business). However, the third track will always be based abroad within a different group entity. The choice is yours whether you want an experience in Europe, or if you want to go to ING entities as far afield as North America, Asia, or Australia. The length of the third rotation depends on the choice of country (between 3-6 months). These rotations can be taken in any order.
Laurent : Could you call this program an apprenticeship?
Fabrice : This all sounds very exciting, but I imagine that you expect a lot from management trainees?
Stéphanie : Okay, we get the message! If I want to apply, what’s the process like?
Tempus fugit; I will have to leave you soon. We probably have time for three more short questions!
Gaëlle : Management trainees are not considered interns?
Caty : How many positions are on offer every year?
Alexandra : How much does a management trainee earn?
That’s it. I hope I could pique your interest in ITP. If you want apply, feel free to consult the ITP openings under Employment offers on INGJOBS.lu.