DevOps Engineer |Data Lake - Core team @ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-07-06 | REQ-10058305
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
At ING, your desk is where the wifi is | 88% of our colleagues in Romania agree
Data is a game-changer. It’s all around us. Implementing a uniform approach as to how we manage data throughout the bank allows us to enhance the customer experience, lower IT operational costs, and swiftly and correctly report to external regulators.
You will be responsible for the smooth functioning of the infrastructure and operational environments that support application/solution developing and deployment, including the network infrastructure, server and software management. You will also be responsible for development of new tools or functionalities for system improvement.
Your day to day
Even if you’ll start your day from the comfort of your home or drink your morning coffee in our office’s garden, your day will be quite similar when comes to tasks. Here are your daily responsibilities:
Contributing to design, implementation, and lifecycle management of Data Lake Platform by:
- Take initiative and propose and implement automation improvements for existing processes with the goal of reducing the repetitive work and making the system more reliable
- Extend the existing CI/CD AzureDevops Pipelines
- The work is organized using Agile principles
- Optimization & automation of workflows and activities
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of services
- Integrating and/or engineering innovative technologies. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Preventive maintenance activities (Monitor system performance and utilization, data transfer, backup, etc.)
- Deployment of the new changes through different environments dev, test, uat, prod
- Configuration and installation of IBM Datastage application on Linux and maintenance of Citrix Workspace
- Perform periodic performance checks to support capacity and performance planning, system availability.
Tools used in your day-by-day activities:
- OS: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server
- CI/CD: AzureDevops Pipelines;
- Scripting : Ansible, Bash , Python
- Monitoring: Kibana-Logstash (data visualization plugin for Elastic Search), Grafana & Prometheus for server and infrastructure
- ING Private Cloud Solution
What you’ll bring to the team
- Tech stack/ knowledge:
- Experience administering Linux systems ( 3+ years)
- Experience with Ansible playbooks
- Experience with CI/ CD
- Experience with shell scripting
- SQL knowledge
- Understanding of Agile - Scrum way of working
- Nice to have:
- Experience with InfoSphere Information Server suite, WebSphere (installation, configuration, operations)
- Experience with Python
- AzureDevops Pipelines or equivalent CI/CD pipelines ( Jenkins, GitLab etc)
- Experience working with DataStage or other InfoSphere Information Server suite
Foreign languages: English (advanced)
Education: nice to have Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in an IT related field
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc.