Java Developer - Lending Team @ ING Hubs Romania
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-05-26 | REQ-10056527
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
Here’s a sneak peak of what our colleagues say about working within ING Hubs Romania:
- At ING, we're building the solutions of tomorrow, today | 80% of our colleagues in Romania agree
We offer our customers an online application process for a business loan. Depending on the customer's profile and need, it is directed to the right delivery model. At this moment we currently have two models in scope: Instant lending (end-to-end online loan) or Fast Track lending (Online application, but offline assessment for a loan).
Your day to day:
- Writing Java code (8 or higher)
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Code review, knowledge sharing, testing
- Investigate and give resolutions for defects (in test, acceptance or production environments)
- Prepare and participate in releases of software components using the automated CI/CD pipelines
What you'll bring to the team:
- You hold a University/Master degree in information technology
- Relevant experience designing Java based backend applications using following technologies, tooling, frameworks:
- Java EE, Spring, SpringBoot
- Cassandra, Oracle, other DB technologies
- Experience with Kotlin and/or other JVM languages is considered a plus
- Experience with Kafka, Tomcat, Checkmarx is considered a plus
- Familiar with CI & CD, code quality (Azure DevOps, Gitlab, Jenkins, Artifactory, Ansible).
- Experience in working using the Agile methodology
- Excellent written and spoken knowledge of English
Nice to have:
- Experience in application and system security
- Experience in network components and infrastructure
- Having experience in financial application development