Employee | Tech | Professional | Philippines | Makati | 2023-09-09 | REQ-10058588
Your role & work environment
We are looking for an Ops engineer to join us in one of the four ING Sophis squads responsible for delivering, integrating and maintaining custom solutions for Finastra’s Financial Markets package Sophis, a Windows and Oracle based two-tiers application used for the trading, operations and risk management of equity and commodity derivative products.
You will be based in Manila and work in a multi skilled squad (mix Dev & Ops Eng.) centered in Brussels, Belgium. Your main task will be application support of Sophis (as well as the in-house processes developed by the ING Sophis team). You are also the first line of interaction with our end-users in case of any issue, functional or technical in nature. Application support will include all sides of ITIL service management such as incident, problem and change management.
During down time, you will use the agile methodology to deliver project-based backlog stories following priorities determined by our product owners (PO).
Finally you act as a reliability engineer, providing others with the means to more efficiently maintain the application. Your deliverables assist in developing, testing, deploying, maintaining and proactively monitoring all Sophis native and custom developed processes. You give feedback to others on how to improve stability, performance and recoverability of all Sophis components.
Your key responsibilities
1. Application support: You are undertaking shifts, covering Brussels out-of-office hours, during which you are responsible for troubleshooting alerts (alone or in collaboration with other subject matter experts) and ensuring that processes complete within Service Level Agreement (SLA). All while using ITIL best practices.
2. End-user support: You have immediate user-facing interactions with our internal end-users and you are responsible for answering their service requests.
3. Governance: You work on an application rated Critical for the bank, ensuring SOx and GDPR compliancy and the good management of IT Risk controls. You take an active part in the change and release management.
4. Automation: You strive towards automation and you assist the Sophis Platform squad in bringing us to full continuous delivery. With a DevOps attitude, you automate IT Ops related tasks using good scripting practices and modern continuous delivery tools (from source control for your scripts to extend existing deployment pipelines within Azure DevOps).
- Bachelor or Master degree: in computer science, or another area with strong IT background;
- Application Support : extensive experience working in the role (5+ years), preferably in the banking domain;
- ITIL: comfortable with service management;
- SQL programming: syntax, objects utilization and optimization;
- Windows: platform and application usage (Citrix, Windows servers, …);
- Scripting language: experience in either PowerShell, Bash, VBA, Python;
- Finastra’s Sophis: Demonstrable experience (Functional and IT) is a plus;
- Scrum or Agile: comfortable with backlog management;
- Continuous Delivery : using version control and deployment pipelines such as Azure DevOps and their core functions;
- English: excellent verbal and writing skills
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
You will need to:
- You bring the right mindset and work as a team in a pragmatic approach;
- You take full ownership in building and running the platform;
- You actively participate in the planning and estimation of tasks;
- You are in constant dialogue with your tribe: you understand the goal of our business and work in a team of experts to find the most relevant solution for the customer’s needs.
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We’re on a journey that’s centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We’re proud of that!