Technical Business Analyst - Data Management @ ING Hubs RO
Employee | Tech | Professional | Romania | Bucharest | 2023-07-18 | REQ-10058985
Discover ING Hubs Romania
We started out in 2015 as ING’s software development hub – a distinct entity from ING Bank Romania – then steadily expanded our range to include more services and competencies.
Formerly known as ING Tech, as of 2022 we provide borderless services with bank-wide capabilities under the name of ING Hubs Romania and operate from two locations: Bucharest and Cluj-Napoca.
With the help of over 1600 engineers, risk, and operations professionals, we offer 130 services in tech, non-financial risk & compliance, audit and retail operations to 24 ING units worldwide.
Our tech capabilities remain the core of our business, with more than 1300 colleagues active in Data Management, TouchPoint Channels & Integration, Core Banking, and Global Products.
We enjoy a flexible way of working and a highly collaborative environment, where fair and constructive feedback is encouraged. Work ethics, honesty and knowledge sharing are key to our teams and we’re always looking for like-minded people.
In your role you will support the Belgium Data Management organizations in achieving a well governed data lake that ensures data availability, common understanding of business terms, impeccable data quality, traceable and controlled data in line with regulations.
Your day to day
We embrace a hybrid way of working either from the comfort of your home or from the new office building in Bucharest.
As a technical data management analyst, you will:
- translate the business requirements in collaboration with the international stakeholders (data stewards, data suppliers or data consumers) focusing on:
- onboarding and structuring data into the DataLake;
- data modelling and data exposure to the end users
- prepare definitions for business terms, based on existing ING data catalogues including the requirements on data quality, data lineage, data privacy and data security
- support DevOps engineers with functional knowhow to fix production incidents
- design and execute functional test cases
- take ownership on your deliverables
- show availability and willingness to help others
- proactively identify means to act upon achieving your team objectives
- work in a dynamic environment where you can inspire others to apply problem solving solutions when dealing with challenges
What you’ll bring to the team
-ability to use SQL for medium complexity queries
-experience working with databases
-experience as technical business analysis in IT projects
-experience in requirements gathering and writing technical and functional specifications
-hands-on experience with data quality, data lineage, data security, data privacy, data lifecycle management, data issue remediation and other data-governance practices
-experience with banking products, processes, and services
-excellent English communication skills, both verbally and in writing
-strong experience with Agile methodologies
- Nice to have:
-data modeling concepts and techniques (conceptual, logical, and physical data models)
-experience working with data warehouse
-knowledge on banking regulatory requirements
- Education: master or bachelor’s degree (IT, Engineering, Mathematics or Economics/Business)
What’s in it for you
- Annual Performance Bonus up to two salaries
- Extra vacation days depending on the total length of working experience
- Flextime – our own way of working
- Monthly budget on Benefit platform
- Growth opportunities
- Defining a clear career path on short/ mid/ long term and identify the competencies you need to build/ develop to reach the next level: vertically – towards a managerial position or horizontally – towards an expert or architect level, locally or globally
- Internal mobility is encouraged
- Possibility to access International Short-Term Assignments or Long-Term Assignments
- Upskilling/ reskilling programs
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Annual training & certifications budget
- Pluralsight & e-learning platforms
- CSR activities: tree planting, coding lessons for teenagers etc