What’s the key to job satisfaction for you?
Every day, we’re working on digital innovations for ING’s 8.5 million customers. We are a bank with data-driven ambitions. Times are rapidly changing and we want to became even more agile during this digital journey. We are doing this together with our employees. So when it comes to your job and the perks, what makes you happy?
At ING, our mission is to ‘empower people to stay a step ahead financially in life and in business’ – not only our customers, but also our employees. In line with this, we offer a unique – and sometimes even surprising – benefits package.
An attractive salary
You get an attractive gross salary, depending on your job category and professional experience. The fixed salary consists of the following components (base for pension accrual)
- Base salary (36 hour week)
- Holiday allowance: 8% of the monthly salary
- Individual savings contribution (BIS): 3,5% of your personal monthly salary (no base for pension accrual)
The benefits budget
The Benefits Budget gives you control over part of your employment conditions. Each month you receive a Benefits Budget equal to roughly 20% of your monthly salary. This includes the 13th month bonus, holiday allowance and Individual Savings Contribution (BIS).
You can spend this budget each month via the My Benefits Budget-platform. If the employee makes no selection, the budget will be paid out with your monthly salary.
Via the Benefits Budget portal employees have options available:
- Sell leave hours
- Buy leave hours
- Reserve budget (once only or monthly)
- Bicycle for commuting to and from work (tax benefits)
- Trade union membership (tax benefits)
- International school fee (in specific Foreign Local cases)
ING has their own ING CDC pension fund with a target retirement age of 67 years. The defined contribution scheme is based on the Dutch Pension Act and both ING and employees pay the pension contribution.
- Total pension premium 2022 & 2023 = 30,5%
- Employee own contribution 2022 & 2023 = 7,5%
- If you earn more than € 128,810: with a monthly Individual Savings Allowance (TIS) you can save for extra (pension) entitlements yourself
You decide how you travel to the office. The Mobility Card offers many options: travel by bicycle, train, shared car, shared scooter or private car. In the app you arrange your transport and register your commute and business trips.
In addition to the Mobility Card you can also lease a bicycle with a tax benefit.
You may apply for a lease car if you are covered by the ING CLA and in addition you must also comply with one of the following three criteria:
- You are classified in salary scale 13 or higher
- You drive at lease 12,500 business-related kilometers each year
- You drive at least 8,000 business-related kilometres each year and drive at least 10 days a month or use the car for at least 15 business-related visits
|Up to and including job grade 13||€||800|
|Job grade 14||€||900|
|Job grade 15||€||960|
Holiday leave days
With us you get plenty of time to recharge yourself.
Collective days off
Two collective days off per year are agreed in the collective labor agreement.
- New Year’s Day (Sunday 1 January 2023)
- Easter Sunday and Easter Monday (Sunday 9 - Monday 10 April 2023)
- The King’s Birthday (Thursday 27 April 2023)
- Liberation Day (Friday 5 May 2023)
- Ascension Day (Thursday 18 May 2023)
- Whit Sunday and Whit Monday (Sunday 28 and Monday 29 May 2023)
- Christmas Day and Boxing Day (Monday 25 - Tuesday 26 December 2023)
- Following Boxing Day also Wednesday 27 December 2023
As you get better at your job, your work becomes even more interesting and enjoyable. At ING, you take responsibility for your own personal development and your career path. It is only through continuous education and personal development that you will become the best version of yourself. And this is something we will be happy to support you with.
The Learning Account
Home office webshop
A healthy workplace is crucial, in the office but also at home. To make this possible the employee receives a budget once every five years to purchase home office items from the ING Home Office Web Shop at Coolblue. Total home office budget is 1,600 euros. Of this amount 1,000 is meant for setting up your workstation and 600 euros for a phone.
We offer a fixed monthly compensation for the costs of internet and other working-from-home-costs of 45 euros.
Tailored to your life
At ING we understand the importance of a good work/life balance. This will keep you in control of your planning.
Flexible working hours
Hybrid working: partly at home*, partly in the office
Our employees come to our offices for collaboration, co-creation, socialising and networking and work from home to focus without distractions and business as usual.
(* excluding CLT members and branch personnel)
- We offer tailor-made bereavement leave to find a new balance after a loss.
- Personal leave for colleagues going into gender transition.
- Two working days a year, colleagues can contribute to society as a volunteer.
- Are you 60 or older? You can share your valuable knowledge and skills one day a week at a social organisation or educational institution while retaining your conditions of employment.
Your health and well-being are our priority. To support you, we offer special options, such as: